Thursday, November 05, 2015

Adele Goes Makeup-Free for Rolling Stone, Looks Stunning




It's hard for us to decide what we like about Adele more: her powerful bring-you-to-tears music or her killer cat eye (hey, we're beauty people, what can we say?). But on the latest cover of Rolling Stone, we see Adele in her most stripped-down state yet—sans her signature eyeliner.
The cover is a close-up photo of Adele's bare face, made to look like she's just gotten out of the shower; she has a towel wrapped around her shoulders. Her hair looks like it's just been towel-dried in the most perfect way. Another shot, inside the magazine, has a similarly stripped-down vibe, with the 27-year-old singer lying down in a black dress, hand stretched out in a poignant "no photos please" pose.
In the interview, Adele opens up about her new album, her stance on feminism, why she wouldn't show off her body even if she were thinner, and the startling reason she's afraid of fame. "People think I hate being famous," Adele says, remembering how often she was compared to Amy Winehouse earlier in her career. "And I don't. I'm really frightened of it. I think it's really toxic, and I think it's really easy to be dragged into it.... Watching Amy deteriorate is one of the reasons I'm a bit frightened. We were all very entertained by her being a mess. I was fucking sad about it, but if someone showed me a picture of her looking bad, I'd look at it. If we hadn't looked, then they'd have stopped taking her picture. That level of attention is really frightening, especially if you don't live around all that showbiz stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment